Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:10:47 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        "Ing.Richard Andrysek" <richard.andrysek@riedel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SPDIF capture device?

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

Hello,

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 01:56:25PM +0200, Ing.Richard Andrysek wrote:
> I've read your question about SPDIF capture device on freebsd. I am=20
> currently looking for similar device.Have you found such one? Can you=20
> access subcode etc.?

The Soyo Dragon Plus! K7V has a SPDIF input/output; this uses the
snd_cmi driver. However, I think some machine specific incantations
are necessary to use SPDIF mode, and I don't know what these are.

I have such a board but it's not in Desktop use (it's in my CVS server).

Some reverse engineering is probably needed here, but if the Linux
drivers support this and a change can be crossported easily, I'll
happily commit it if people have the means to test it.

Regards,
BMS

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT--