Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 08:48:50 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        fuge@rz5.rz.fh-wilhelmshaven.de
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt819A Support for Linux

There is a linux bt848 project driver indepent of the freebsd one :
http://www.thp.uni-koeln.de/~rjkm/linux/bttv.html

Brad Parker <brad@parker.boston.ma.us> ported our bt848 driver to
linux.

At http://www.freebsd.org/~ahasty/Bt848.html in the Miscellaneous
section there is a pointer to the bt848/bt848a/bt849 data book which
has detail programming info for the various version of the chipsets
as well as programming info on the bt848.

My suggestion is to first read the data book, locate data sheet for your
tuner, decide which driver to use and finally add support for the bt849

we can all benefit by the free exchange of information even if
you don't use our driver.

	Cheers,
	Amancio