Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 13:59:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@xtdl.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pnp(4) where it is?

		   "FreeBSD It's That and Much Much More"
          	   Find out Why @ http://www.freebsd.org
04/11/98

I'm running 2.2.6-stable. I have my cd-rom sound running through the pcm0
device
 I'm trying to get audio files like .ra au etc to play
	through my speakers also as well as beable to
	use my microphone. However I can't seem to do so.
	I don't think I have the card working properly.

***** Also I cannot do /dev/sh MAKEDEV pnp0 or pcm0
	comes back stating no such device name

# Luigi's snd code (use INSTEAD of snd0 and all VOXWARE drivers!). # You may
also wish to enable the pnp controller with this, for pnp # sound cards. #
device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pcmintr
 ***** I DID CHANGE IRQ 10 to 5 as above****** dmesg does show device pcm0
with irq 5
I've tried to configure snd0 with sb0 and now am trying pcm0 . The
LINT File says see pnp(4) for more info.  Can someone kindly direct me to
where I can find this information. I've searched the on-line handbook,
ftp.freebsd.org freeBSD-stable man pages, Just can't seem to find any info re
pnp(4) : # Enable PnP support in the kernel.  This allows you to automaticly
# attach to PnP cards for drivers that support it and allows you to #
configure cards from USERCONFIG.  See pnp(4) for more info. controller pnp0

Thank You
/sd