Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:20:42 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Stu Pidaso <grim@octet.com>
Cc:        "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.bin/login login.c

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 05:08:09 EST, Stu Pidaso wrote:

> > # Destroy all stale Kerberos5 tickets
> > #
> > for i in `find /tmp -name 'krb5cc_*' -ctime +1 -print` ; do
> >         rm -f $i
> > done
>
> and now you can delete you can delete any file in /tmp.
>
> touch 'krb5cc_1 somefileintmp' and wait.

Well spotted.

	find /tmp -name 'krb5cc_*' -ctime +1 -exec rm -f {} \;

I don't use -delete because it's not portable.

Of course, the problem is that maximum ticket lifetime is a site-
configurable value, which is why it _doesn't_ make sense to put this job
in /etc/crontab in the base system.

The problem is that you can end up with a large number of stale files in
/tmp if you rely on users to run kdestroy religiously.

Ciao,
Sheldon.