Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 12:48:04 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Carey Nairn <cpn@ccd.tas.gov.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AWE64 support ?

Carey Nairn:
 |Just a quick question to find out the status of support for Creative AWE64
 |sound cards in 2.2.5-RELEASE.  I noticed a commented line in the 2.2.2
 |LINT file as follows:

 |device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
 |#device awe0     at isa? port 0x620
 |device gus0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 12 drq 1 vector gusintr
 |
 |Does this mean the card is not yet supported?

Well the driver in there works, but the ports I submitted didn't appear in
the ports tree.

Check out:

       http://multiverse.com/~rhh/awedrv

for an updated version of the driver that'll drop right in along with
several cool tools to use with it.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Note that since (I think) you have a PnP card, you'll also need to use the
ISA PnP tools to get your card detected before the driver will find it:
Have never used it myself, but the last path I have saved off for it is:

       ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/FreeBSD-ISA_PnP_June8.tar.gz

Randall Hopper