Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:10:07 +0100
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mixed DES and MD5 password file

Hi people.

I'm in the process of upgrading a couple of Linux web servers to
FreeBSD.  Question is, I'd like to use md5 on the FreeBSD box,
but I'd also like to be able to use the old password files.

I know this has been brought up before (ways to have crypt()
recognize both formats), but I can't find the exact method
in the archives) -- any help appreciated.

--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-
     «Pluto placed his bad dog at the entrance of Hades to keep the dead