Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:48:07 -0500
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Spamming FreeBSD lists.

All monetary discussions aside.

Forcing non-subscribed members to verify the authenticity of their email
address before posting would reduce a good amount of spam without adding
much overhead/annoyance.

I just ran into this wonderful invention posting to the php-general mailing
list @ php.net.  However they do it, it must cache addresses that have been
authenticated because my follow-up posts went right through.

Adding a warning message that incurred fines for spam, would be very cool if
it was enforcible.  Provided it was worded in such a way as to not scare off
newbie's.

--Chris