Date:      Tue, 22 May 2007 20:30:55 +0200
From:      "Die Gestalt" <die.gestalt@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Generic int 13h driver

Muhahah, despite the world conspiracy against my evil plot to enslave disk
drivers with the BIOS I now manage to write to the disk.

But I get a :

kernel: stray irq14

Of course irq14 is the IRQ of the disk controller. The int13h returns with =
status time out, but the writes succeeded anyways (he had no choice: I have
sharks with laser beams attached to their heads). I can see my random bytes
when I open the disk with an hex editor. I think what happens is that the
BIOS never gets its IRQ14 "back" and cannot acknowledge that the operation
went fine.

Any hint?