Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:57:53 -0700
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        Vulpes Velox <kitbsdlist2@HotPOP.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rumour Mill on FreeBSD Death Still ....

On Monday 06 October 2003 09:22 pm, Vulpes Velox wrote:

> > I bought and wore that shirt at LinuxWorld a few months ago. I was
> > working in the KDE booth and had quite a few people come up asking
> > me about BSD. There was quite a lot of misinformation out there
> > that I had the opportunity to correct.
>
> What where some of the come misinfo about it?

1) FreeBSD doesn't have Java

2) FreeBSD doesn't have a usable GUI

3) FreeBSD has little hardware support (no USB, no Nvidia, etc)

4) FreeBSD can't do SMP at all

5) FreeBSD has no commercial support

All of these were, in my opinion, valid concerns in the minds of the
questioners. I'm pretty sure that at least two people I talked to went
out and tried FreeBSD.

David