Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 18:35:43 -0500
From:      Josh Tiefenbach <josh@zipperup.org>
To:        Patrick Bihan-Faou <patrick@netzuno.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPPoE, nat, dsl, some web sites

> I guess that tcpmssd should really be included in the FreeBSD distribution.
> It is needed for just about every xDSL user. Let's have that in the base and
> documented in the proper rc files (rc.conf and rc.firewall) just like natd.

It would be nice if there was a way to use tcpmssd (or equiv functionality)
for those of us who prefer to use IPFilter/ipnat rather than ipfw/natd to
implement firewalls.

For the record, is there a way to get ipfw and ipfilter to interact properly
so I can use tcpmssd? Or divert sockets for that matter.

The flip side is, does anyone know of any efforts to port divert
sockets to the ipfilter framework?

josh

--
This email has been brought to you by the letters U, U, C, and P