Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:10:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        freebsd-mozilla@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   mozilla 0.7 + PSM

I believe I may have found out why the psm doesn't work on the mozilla port.
This isn't a fix, by any means, but it may help those more familiar with
mozilla and the PSM to fix the problem.

In security/psm/server/servutil.c in SSM_OpenPort(), this section of code
consistently fails:

    /* Bind to PSM port on loopback address: connections from non-localhosts
     * will be disallowed
     */
    status = PR_InitializeNetAddr(PR_IpAddrLoopback, 0, &servaddr);
    if (status != PR_SUCCESS)
        goto loser;

    status = PR_Bind(datasocket, &servaddr);
    if (status != PR_SUCCESS)
        goto loser;

if I #if 0 this section of code, the psm build appears to work and
result in a fully functional PSM.

I don't recommend that anyone actually _do_ this, however, since it
doesn't result in the mini http daemon's port being restricted to
localhost. The ramifications of this are unknown to me. But maybe
someone smarter than me can figure out what's wrong with these two
routines. Good luck. :-)