Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:59:36 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lewis Thompson <lewiz@compsoc.man.ac.uk>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Chapter 14, Security, Kerberos V (admin_server).

--FEz7ebHBGB6b2e8X

On 2004.10.22 14:04:56 +0100, Lewis Thompson wrote:

> I just got bitten by not having admin_server in my krb5.conf file.  This
> is not mentioned at all in the handbook and is surprisingly hard to
> track down (maybe I was looking at the wrong logs ;).  An addition
> explaining what admin_server does would be very welcome.

While improvments to the documentation is of course always welcome, I
set up Kerberos (Heimdal from base) on 4.X and 5.X and it works fine
with no admin_server setting...

>   If you guys are all busy now I am willing to provide a line or two
> myself.  Just let me know.

As others have also said, this will improve the likeliness of this
getting improved a lot :-).

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team