Date:      Sun, 26 May 2002 03:26:48 +0200
From:      Rocco Lucia <rlucia@iscanet.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ng_fwdswitch netgraph node

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 10:31:54AM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> some comments..
>
> 1/ it may be more useful to not make any distinction between
> 'in' and  'out' hooks but just have connections..
> The hooks could be given purely arbitrary names
> e.g. "source1" and "suspicious"
> a hook could be configured as being 'read-only' by command
> rather than by special name.. (though special names are
> not a very bad way of doing it..
> "out-normal"
> and
> "out-dubious"

Ah, sure, that's a good idea, I'm going to rework it to be able
to set node behavior sending it messages... that would consume
some more cycles per packet tho. Thank you for the suggestion :)

--
Rocco Lucia - rlucia@iscanet.com      Iscanet Internet Services
http://elisa.utopianet.net/~rlucia    System and Network Admin

Free unices for a free world. Support *BSD.