Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:05:48 +0100
From:      Sascha Blank <sblank@tiscali.de>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error building native jdk14 on 4.8-RC

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 03:26:57PM -0800, Pat Lashley wrote:
> Hmm.  You may be onto something here.  Both of the systems I've tried
> so far have been Athlons; and I have CPUTYPE=k7 and CFLAGS=-g -O -pipe
> in my make.conf.

I can provide one more clue hoping that it might be helpful: today I
have built the JDK 1.4p3 port afresh, but this time with
"NO_CPU_CFLAGS=true" set in my /etc/make.conf so that CPUTYPE has no
effect and thus no "-march=" options creep into the GCC invocations.

After about two hours I had to find out that it doesn't make a change at
all; the build still breaks down at exactly the same spot.  This is
rather strange and leaves me quite puzzled.

Bye.

--
Sascha Blank                               OpenPGP-Schlüssel: erhältlich
sblank at tiscali dot de                       bei www.keyserver.net und