Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 1999 11:40 -0600
From:      "Brian McGroarty" <BMCGROARTY@high-voltage.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   VPN / Transparent proxy access?

We're behind a Wingate firewall at work. There are no NAT services, just
standard proxy services plus socks.

I want to add a FreeBSD machine to my desk, but I'd like to use standard
services. How can I do this?

Thought 1: Could I create a ppp tunnel to my home network? How would I reach
through socks?

Thought 2: I saw a package which uses ipfw to capture external web requests
and route them via a web proxy. Would it be conceivable to route all external
traffic via socks?