Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 1995 13:20:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu (Garrett Wollman)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.{info,doc}.mk change

> I am about to commit a change that causes Info files and traditional
> documents to get compressed before they are installed, thus saving a
> potentially significant amount of space.  Speak up within a day or
> forever hold your peace...

Yes, please do do this, but could I have a quick look at the diff
before you commit it.

This not only saves disk space, it keeps repeated make worlds from
totally fragmenting /usr/share to death!  [Run 5 back to back make
worlds and then look at the file system fragmentation of /usr if
you want to see what I mean.]