Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 00:57:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux emulation can't find ld-linux.so

If you look at the example I geve, it SHOWS that file existing
and the system refusing to look at it. That's the whole point of the
question...
everything it wants to look at is there.. it just can't see it..

Some programs run, some don't .
/compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2 exists. but that message still happens.
that is why I was asking... in case it was a known problem..
(e.g. configuration)

julian

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

> > I did, I only uploaded it today.....
>
> Then you should have /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2, but you don't, so
> you're not up to date.  Also make sure that your Linux LKM is up to
> date, as it needs to recognise the other loader.

The whole system was made yesterday (including kernel and modules)
and the linux-libs package loaded this morning.

This is NOT a case of being out of date..

I've since heard that xess doesn't run anyhow due to the use of
/proc, so the immediate reason for trying has gone away.