Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 1995 07:32:16 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
Subject:   Re: Mouse not working for two days

>There have been great  changes in -CURRENT these  days and I'd like to know
>which one broke my mouse under X11...

>The pointer is there, interrupts are generated but the pointer doesn't move
>at all when one moves it.

Some buggy 16650 came in unannounced with the staticization changes.
It breaks COM_NOFIFO() for at least 16650's and stops the output fifo
being used at speeds <= 4800.  These bugs shouldn't matter for mouses.
Perhaps the second bug interferes with the SMC bugfix (what happens
when the fifos are reset while the fifos are not enabled?).

Try using sio.c revision 1.126 or earlier.

Bruce