Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:57:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ensel Sharon <user@dhp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how can I lock a directory with chflags schg ?

I have a directory with particular permissions on it, etc., that I want to
make _absolutely sure_ never gets changed to different permissions.

So I figured, easy, I'll just:

chflags schg /dir

but I notice that once you chflags schg a directory, you can no longer
write to that directory.  Is this correct ?  Am I also correct that I
_can_ continue to write to subdirectories of the schg directory ? (I seem
to be able to)

Is there any way to lock down a directory the way i want to, and still be
able to write to it ?

Thanks.