Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 2002 23:42:53 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        "Le, Paul" <ple02@sprintspectrum.com>
Cc:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: telnet

Le, Paul wrote:

>Thanks, my second question is where do I set the ip address for the telnet
>server machine.

You probably want to set it /etc/rc.conf as :

ifconfig_fxp0 = "inet 192.168.0.1"

assuming that fxp0 is your network adapter, and 192.168.0.1 is the IP
address you want to use. This will make sure that the IP address is sent
everytime you boot, you can do the same on the command line with

ifconfig fxp0 inet 192.168.0.1