Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 2020 16:15:35 +0200
From:      Niclas Zeising <zeising+freebsd@daemonic.se>
To:        2yt@gmx.com, nonesuch@longcount.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 12.2-RC2 synaptics "tap to click"

On 2020-10-11 18:55, 2yt@gmx.com wrote:
> On 2020-10-11 09:39, Mark Saad wrote:
>> 2yt
>> =C2=A0=C2=A0 Can you provide us some details , what do you have in you=
>> boot/loader.conf , etc/sysctl.conf
>> and what do you have in your Xorg config ?
>=20
> /etc/X/11/Xorg.conf does not exist. (auto generate on startup) As far a=
> I know, the only synaptics related setting I have is in /etc/boot.conf
>=20
> hw.psm.synaptics_support=3D"1"

This is the default on FreeBSD 12.2.

>=20
>=20
> Attached are the files you requested and the output of sysctl hw.psm
>=20
>> On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 11:29 AM <2yt@gmx.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I use a Thinkpad X1 Carbon 4th gen. After upgrading to 12.2 from 12.1=
, I
>>> lost=C2=A0 "tap to click" which worked perfectly in past releases. Is=
 this a
>>> know feature change? Is there a new sysctl variable that needs set?
>>>
>>> The other synaptics features are all working just fine.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Can you show what xinput --list-props for the trackpad? (list with=20
xinput --list-devices and then check which device is the trackpad, then=20
xinput --list-props id-of-trackpad).
Regards
--=20
Niclas