Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:55:23 -0600
From:      Eric F Crist <ecrist@adtechintegrated.com>
To:        freebsd@mazenalzogbi.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound not working on laptop

--Boundary-02=_L0KAATfEgkQ8wsA

On Saturday 10 January 2004 07:46 pm, Mazen S. Alzogbi wrote:
> Eric,
> Doing so didn't helped even. After rebooting and grep pcm
> /var/run/dmesg.boot, I see that:
>
> pcm0: <SiS 7012> at device 2.7 on pci0
> pcm0: unable to map IO port space
> device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6
>
> Gautam, the same result above showed when I "# kldload snd_ich" on the
> prompt :(
>
> Guys, is this thing supported or even solvable?

Yes, it is solvable.  In your system BIOS, make certain that your system is=
=20
set to 'Non Plug-and-Play OS.'  This will enable the BIOS to assign=20
appropriate IRQs and such.  You have some conflict, which I'm not 100%=20
certain on how to track.  Someone on this list should be able to answer tha=
t=20
part.  Once you figure this out, you should set a line in your kernel confi=
g=20
(not sure on syntax) to the effect of assiging an unused IRQ.  It IS=20
recognizing your sound card and trying to use it, but it's running into an=
=20
Input/Output (that's where it gets IO in IO port space) conflict.

=2D-=20
Eric F Crist
AdTech Integrated Systems, Inc
(612) 998-3588