Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:10:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sushanth Rai <sushanth_rai@yahoo.com>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mlockall() on freebsd 7.2 + amd64 returns EAGAIN

> Then it should be fixed in r190885.

Thanks. That works like a charm.

mlockall() mostly works now. There is still a, issue in wiring the stacks of multithreaded program when the program uses default stack allocation scheme. Thread library allocates stack for each thread by calling mmap() and sending address and size to be mapped. The kernel adjusts the start address to sgrowsz in  vm_map_stack() and maps at the adjusted address. But the subsequent wiring is done using the original address, which fails.

> Could you use something less antique, please ?

I would love to but I don't have control over some of these things. Hopefully some of what we have seen recently will convince higher powers to refresh to a newer  release.

Thanks,
Sushanth