Date:      Sun, 25 May 2003 12:33:20 +0800
From:      Robert Storey <y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   driver for scsi card

I have an Acard SCSI card, and the only device attached to it is an exter=
nal=20
CD-R drive.

I need to load a driver to make it work. Dmesg seems to make this clear:

    bob@pro:~> dmesg | grep -i scsi
    pci0: <mass storage, SCSI> at device 13.0 (no driver attached)

With Linux, to use this drive, I have to load a module, as such:
    modprobe atp870u

I believe that the FBSD equivalent to "modprobe" is "kldload", but=20
unforunately I can find no module name "atp870u" and I don't know what th=
e=20
equivalent is. Perhaps there is no module in FBSD that will work? I don't=
=20
know how to figure out which FBSD module, if any, will do the job. If the=
re=20
is no FBSD module, is there any way to get the Linux modules to work in F=
BSD?

TIA,

Robert