Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:29:40 -0500
From:      "JJB" <Barbish3@adelphia.net>
To:        "Travis Troyer" <troyertm@email.uc.edu>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Problems resolving hosts

You are experiencing one of the many problems created by the new
file system in the 5.x development releases. The file system gets
all locked up and then times out before releasing the sector on the
hard drive so it can be read by program.

All of the 5.x series of FreeBSD releases are from the development
branch and contains experimental and un-test kernel code and is
recommend by the official FreeBSD web site as only appropriate for
users who can debug kernel code, to be used at your own risk. The
4.9 version is the current stable production release appropriate for
general public consumption.

Submit problem report and install 4.9 if you want problem free
operation.