Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 1995 23:22:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@grendel.csc.smith.edu>
To:        chuckr@Glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to do this?

Chuck Robey writes:
> 1) The mechanics of turning the sgml source code into various other things,
>    like ascii and postscript.

A quick look at the sgmlfmt(1) man page should get you started.

> 2) Adescription of the formatting rules for the most important tags.

There is one, but it needs some editing.  A large part of the
document is spent discussing how to install and run the
processing tools on Linux.  I've since rewritten the tools for
FreeBSD and the install document is moot since it comes with
FreeBSD (as of 2.0.5) and the operational aspects are covered in
the manual page.

A quick look at some of the sgml files for the handbook should
give you the basic idea and don't hesitate to email questions to
me or to the doc group.

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============