Date:      Sat, 1 Sep 2001 07:26:05 -0700
From:      "Kulraj Gurm (bosa.ca Account)" <kulraj@bosa.ca>
To:        "Kenneth W Cochran" <kwc@world.std.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NAT with >1 gateway interface

> How do I "properly" set up NAT on a system that "transmits"
> and "receives" on different interfaces?

This is what I do  :

Entries in kernel config file :

#IP Packet Filtering FireWall/NAT
options         IPFIREWALL                                            # IP
Firewall support
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD                      # enable transparent
proxy su
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=1000   # limit verbosity
options         IPDIVERT
# Network Address Translation
#options         DUMMYNET
#options         BRIDGE

Entries in rc.conf :

#Firewall
firewall_enable="YES"                   # Set to YES to enable firewall
functionality
firewall_type="open"                    # Firewall type (see
/etc/rc.firewall)
firewall_quiet="NO"                     # Set to YES to suppress rule
display
natd_enable="YES"                       # Enable natd (if firewall_enable ==
YES).
natd_interface="fxp0"                   # Public interface to use with natd.
natd_flags="-l -s -m -u"                # Additional flags for

That should be all you need.

Regards,

Kulraj