Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 01:17:32 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc@keyslapper.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Verizon DSL

Let me resolve that one.  I am on the Bell Atlantic network.  I do
have to use PPOE, and Alexander's configurations were right on the
money.  I had a little bit of a hiccup with configuration of the nic
because I didn't realize it would be ok for it to be configured
without an IP.  Now it looks like everything works fine.

Now to get all my startup scripts working with PPPoE.  I have a number
of things that have to be done based on the IP, netmask, broadcast
address (which I can't seem to find in the ifconfig output) and it all
has to be automatic and smooth when the IP changes.

I've also noticed that I can't seem to send to the FreeBSD server for
some reason.  It may be because the verizon IP doesn't resolve.  I
don't know.  I guess I need to tweak the sendmail config.

Thanks a million!
Lou