Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:03:52 +0200
From:      Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
Subject:   Ibm PS/2 Server 85 won't boot kern.flp

Hello,

I've been given an Ibm PS/2 Server 85 (9585-1XG) and I'm trying to
install FreeBSD on.

I've modified 4.4-RC kern.flp replacing GENERIC w/ a kernel tailored for
the box (mca support and removal of a bunch of drivers). This disk boots
fine on my Thinkpad, loads btxloader then /kernel.

When I try to boot custom kern.flp in the PS/2, the following appears on
screen (hand copied) :

Disk error 0x4 (lba=0x10)
Disk error 0x4 (lba=0x10)
No /boot/loader

>> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
Default: 0:fd(0,a)/kernel
boot:
Disk error 0x4 (lba=0x10)
No /kernel

>> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
Default: 0:fd(0,a)/kernel
boot:

man 8 boot says the following about error code : 0x4   Sector not found,
any idea to solve the problem ?

Eric Masson

--
 un mec qui n'a pas d'emoluments de la part d'Aple qui gagne son argent
 de poche en crayonant des bouts de films animes et qui en plus donne