Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:33:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jose Marques <noway@nohow.demon.co.uk>
To:        Mobile Computer <mobile@vta.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA 16550A Serial ( Socket i/o card )

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Mobile Computer wrote:

> Fri Dec 15 11:59:19 EST 2000
>
> www.socketcom.com ?

I asked about the same card a few months ago.  I received the following
reply from Tatsumi Hosokawa.  I bought a Silicom card and it had the same
problem when I first used it.  However, since FreeBSD 4.1 or thereabouts
it no longer works at all (it gets recognised as an 8250 and my L70
crashes when an attempt is made to use the serial port).

-8<- cut here ----
I'm using this card with following entry.

card "Socket" "Serial Port Card Rev 2.3"
        config  0x15 "sio2" ?
        insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s Socket Serial card inserted
        remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s Socket Serial card removed

But it frequently fails in reading CIS tupples on my laptop.  It's
very unuseful problem and I haven't find the exact reason of this
problem.
-8<- cut here ----

--
Jose Marques