Date:      Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:31:44 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        des@des.no (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?=)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.0-BETA1: rpc.lockd broken for NFS server only configuration

On Aug 1, 2005, at 6:28 AM, Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav wrote:

>> I could of course add nfsclient to my kernel configuration file, but
>> that annihilates the effort to split the server functionality from
>> the client functionality, so that's no solution.
>
> No.  A server needs both nfsserver and nfsclient, but a client needs
> only nfsclient.

This is a change from 5.x and 4.x, then. I never needed nfsclient on my
server before. Why then do I need nfsclient now, ignoring for a moment
that the nfslock pseudo-device is only present for nfsclient as that is
what I think is broken?

--=20
  Marcel Moolenaar         USPA: A-39004          marcel@xcllnt.net