Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 1995 23:32:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
To:        James Ryan <jryan@vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: installation

On Tue, 22 Aug 1995, James Ryan wrote:

> my modem is on com4 and cannot be put on com1 or 2.  How can I set
> up freebsd with the boot disk?  I can't put much on my dos side because I have
> most of my drive set up for freebsd.

	boot with '-c' option

	at the 'config>' prompt type:

		port sio0 0x2e8
		irq  sio0 <irq number>		must not be shared with
						another device
		quit

	your modem with com4 settings should appear as sio0 in the boot messages.

> Thanks for the insight to what is probably an easy question..
>
> Jay

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com       | Analysis & Technology, Inc.
FreeBSD Postmaster   jmb@FreeBSD.Org            | 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.                                        | Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life      | 703-418-2800 x346