Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:59:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
To:        Holtor <holtor@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: md5?

Actually, bend the symlinks /usr/libcrypt*

to point to their corresponding libscrypt libraries

That is the correct way to do it.

You also might want to look at the pw utility instead of adduser.  One of
the annoyances I've found with adduser is that it bonks your /etc/group
file in the head and removes any comments including the RCS tag at the
top.  Once bonked, when you mergemaster after a installworld, it thinks
that there has been a change and it asks you about the file, even though
there are no changes to merge in.

pw does not do this, and its much more powerful.

Robert Simmons
Systems Administrator
http://www.wlcg.com/