Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:36:44 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "Giancarlo Bradaschia" <bradaschia.1@osu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot question

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999 14:44:47 PST, "Giancarlo Bradaschia" wrote:

> how can i attempt to reinstall boot easy w/o having to re-install the
> whole o/s? i can reboot and get into the intall w/ my kern and mfsroot
> floppies, but what next?

Try this:

	Boot off the floppies as if you were going to do an
	installation.

	Choose "Custom" from sysinstall's Main Menu.

	Choose "Partition" from the Custom Installation menu.

	Select the drive on which you wish to install the boot blocks.
	This will take you into the FDISK Partition Editor.

	Exit the FDISK parition editor without making any changes by
	pressing "Q".

	You will now be prompted for a boot manager selection.
	Presumably, you chose "Standard" or "None" last time.  Choose
	"BootMgr" and hit Enter.

	You'll now return to the Select Drive(s) menu, where you can
	select "OK" and press Enter.

	To exit sysinstall without continuing through the entire
	installation process, select "Exit" and then "Exit Install".

Good luck!

Ciao,
Sheldon.