Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 12:24:08 -0700
From:      Dima Dorfman <webmaster@zwb.net>
To:        Paul Dekkers <psd@cgu.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: password change via the web?!

Such a script would be very hard to make secure, because to change a
password, you have to run with root's permissions.

However, this can be accomplished by hacking the 'passwd' code, and
changing all calls to getpass(3) to return an argument from the command
line.  Then, write a script that takes input from a form, and converts that
into a call to the first program.

This, however, is still insecure.

Thanks!
Dima

At 07:00 PM 4/11/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I know I already asked this once here, but there wasn't an answer: does
>anyone have a cgi-script to change one's password under FreeBSD (and/or
>Linux?)
>
>Paul
>
>--
>Paul Dekkers
>E-Mail: <P.Dekkers@cgu.nl>
>To err is human, to moo bovine

---
Thanks!
Dima Dorfman - dima@zwb.net

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981 - Bill Gates