Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 23:01:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ed Bardsley <ed@exodus.govsci.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd conflicting with windose network names?

I have been experiencing problems with natd causing conflicts with
computer (netbios and netbeui) names in windows. The natd machine has a
real ip on a large network with a few masqueraded ip's a large number of
real ip's. The natd box itself is running 3.3-R, and has one network card
with a real ip, and 3 private ones aliased. (192.168.x.x). None of the
computers with conflicts have been using natd for masqurading (they are
still using real ip's).

Firewall config:
00100 allow ip from any to any via lo0
00200 deny ip from any to 127.0.0.0/8
64000 divert 8668 ip from any to any via <real ip addr>
65000 allow ip from any to any
65535 deny ip from any to any

Somone had suggested that I "flush the natd cache," although I can find no
reference to doing this anywhere else. Any and all suggestions are
welcome.

--Ed Bardsley