Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 1995 03:59:13 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: ijppp experiencing problems in -current?

 * This is weird, but after almost a year of flawless operation, ijppp
 * has gone south on me.  It stays up for about 10-15 minutes at a time,
 * max, and then sig 10's on me..  This started occurring only recently.
 *
 * Have we done something recently in -current to kill it?
 *
 * Anyone else seeing this?

Yes.  I noticed this right after some big changes went in to ppp (in
July 8).  I had been using ijppp fine (for about three days ;) prior
to the make world that included that change.  It started dying
frequently with sig 10's, although it wasn't as bad as "max 10-15
minutes".

I also did a measurement (time rcp bigfile.gz, ping somehost) and
found that slip is 20-30% better both in throughput and latency.  So I
gave up on ijppp and haven't tried it since.

Satoshi