Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 02:08:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tony Kimball <Anthony.Kimball@East.Sun.COM>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it
Cc:        rhh@ct.picker.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sb16 request

Quoth Luigi Rizzo on Fri, 25 July:
: to clarify: I am making the assumption that 16-bit data cannot be
: transferred using an 8-bit channel and vice-versa when using
: full-duplex.
: This might be a wrong assumption, in which case life is much easier
: since you can use high quality audio on both directions.

I would like to advocate the solution of Randall Hopper, that
the 8-bit channel should support a 16-bit data stream interface.