Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 11:36:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rob Mallory <rmallory@qualcomm.com>
To:        Bruce.Albrecht@seag.fingerhut.com (Bruce Albrecht)
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: P6 MB recommendations

> I'm planning to purchase a dual P6 system in the next 3 weeks, and I'm
> looking for opinions about various mothboards and/or systems.  I'm
> only planning on buying one P6-200 CPU now, and a second one in about
> 6 months.  I'm only planning on using SCSI peripherals, mainly because
> I intend to liberate a bunch of drives from my Amiga.

I recently purchased the Tyan dual-pro from www.env.com for $850 inc tax.
(motherboard alone was $320) including 2 150MHz cpus (which I overclocked to 166MHz).
Call (or email) them and see if you can get the "swap meet price".
I chose it because of its 5 pci slots and 8 simm slots.

2 weeks ago the P6-200/512k cpu was just over $1k at the swap meet.
they should drop to ~$750 when the klamath is released.(in may/june)

Rob