Date:      Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:50:54 -0600
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with USE_RC_SUBR

--==========D24CA9B2AF4C1D260090==========

--On December 25, 2006 8:30:39 AM -0700 Aaron Dalton <aaron@FreeBSD.org>=20
wrote:

> I am trying to fix my net/p5-Spread port and am starting by fixing up
> its dependency net/spread.  I changed USE_RC_SUBR=3Dyes to
> USE_RC_SUBR=3Dspread.sh (which exists in files/) but portlint tells me:
>
> FATAL: Makefile: spread.sh listed in USE_RC_SUBR, but files/spread.sh.in
> is missing.
>
> If I move spread.sh to spread.sh.in, portlint is happy, but it won't
> install.  It dies saying "spread.sh" does not exist.  What is the
> correct way to handle this?

When you use USE_RC_SUBR=3D scriptname, you no longer need to reference =
the=20
script in your Makefile anywhere else *except SUB_LIST if you use special=20
variables.  RC_SUBR will do all the substitution as well as install the=20
script in the correct location and uninstall it as well.

So you don't need to doing any sed magic with the script, reference it in=20
post-install or in plist or doing anything else with it.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/