Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 10:23:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Calvin Meloon <calvin@corp.gulf.net>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   extra email accounts

Here's the scenario. Our isp offers 2 extra email accounts for each
customer who subscribes with us. Lately, we've noticed that some have been
dialing up with their second email account (I believe they are giving the
name and password out to friends or what not).

What I'm looking for is a way to prevent the extra accounts to be used for
dialup and still allow the user to pop their mail the same way they can
from their main account.

I thought of using the radius user file and just add a bogus password,
thus allowing them to retrieve mail, but not be able to dial in. This,
however seems kind of awkward and tedious.

Anyone ideas?

 / ___/__ _/ /  __(_)__  Gulf Coast Internet           Calvin M. Meloon
/ /__/ _ `/ / |/ / / _ \ Pensacola, FL               Unix Administrator
\___/\_,_/_/|___/_/_//_/ (850)438-5700                   writer of code
~~~~ calvin@gulf.net ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Proponent of FreeBSD
                             and the right of everyone to use a real OS