Date:      Sat, 2 Jan 1999 18:22:35 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Andrey M. Fedorov" <root@kolasc.net.ru>
To:        SANJAY KISEN <rubyday@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: my questions to FreeBSD

On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, SANJAY KISEN wrote:

Did you try to read handbook? (it`s at /usr/shre/doc)
It`s very very useful thing, and it can help you in all your questions!
Try it, and your problem`ll go away :)

>Hi!
> I bought FreeBSD 2.2.7, I have following question let me have answers
>at rubyday@hotmail.com
>my sys config 166MHz MMX pentium, 5SVA-E VIA Apollo VPX motherboard,
>2.1GB HDD, SAMTRON 4Bi monitor,
>ALi CAT II display card with 2MB VRAM, 32MB SDRAM, OPTi 931 Sound card
>pro with IDE connector, SMASUNG CDROM,
>1.44 FDD
>
>1. How and where to register the 2.2.7 FreeBSD?
>2. How to mount the CDROM ?
>3. How to mount Sound Card ? BSD is not recognising it ?
>4. If I hit ipcs command line it gives
>SVID message facility not configured in the system
>Shared Memory:
>T	ID	KEY	MODE	OWNER	GROUP
>SVID semaphores facility not configured in the system
> How to configure the message and semaphores facility?
>5. How to configure the Xfree86 Bcos it is asking RAMDAC spec and I am
>getting halfscreen display ?
>6. In case of installing FreeBSD in 4GB hardisk freeBSD doses not
>recognise logical partition in extended partition
> of DOS and How to allocate space for BSD by making 4 partions in single
>HDD ?
>7. How can I help FreeBSD ?
>
>I am totally new to this kind of OS please let me have detailed answers
>with fragments of source code in C.
>Thanking you

Best regards,
Andrey M. Fedorov.  :)
mailto:andre@kolasc.net.ru
ICQ#10757187
 R u s s i a,  M u r m a n s k   r e g i o n,  A p a t i t y.
                  http://www.kolasc.net.ru