Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 07:45:50 +0200
From:      David Bauer <bauer@genprofile.com>
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pccard_ifconf and related

Rick Hamell wrote:
> Heck, how would I add in a gateway even at the
> prompt? :)

The command for this is "route add default xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

>documantation mentions pccard_ether, but that dosen't seem to
> really do anything when I tell it which driver to use.... :)

pccard_ether is a script which (should) read the relevant parts for your network driver ed0 from /etc/rc.conf and do the network
setup when the pcmcia network card is inserted. It seems to work perfectly on some systems but I had also problems with it. I
did not go deeper where the problem is but replaced this with a very simple script containing just the ifconfig and route
commands to set my network configuration. I have no sleep statement in there and it works fine with the Netgear card.

David.