Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 2004 06:07:19 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Van Artsdalen <james@jrv.org>
To:        adridg@cs.kun.nl
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: shaky support or my system?

> From: Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl>
> Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:51:45 +0100
>
> > in either fbsd5.2 nor the recent 5.2.1RC. One of the things that makes
> > it crash for sure is the /usr/ports/benchmarks/ubench program. It does
>
> Don't run that, it'll just tell you that the system is only marginally faster
> than the athlon XP it replaces.

I've reproduced Janne's panic with ubench twice.  Both show similar
outputs from the panic.  Panic #3 is proving more elusive: I'm running
ubench for the fourth time in a row now waiting for crash #3.

This is the 5.2 kernel with SMBFS and such turned on.  These are the
first two panic's I've seen in two months.

panic: vm_page_alloc: free/cache page 0xffffff01faf5db50 was dirty
cpuid = 1;
Stack backtrace:
backtrace() at backtrace+0x17
panic() at panic+0x1d2
vm_page_alloc() at vm_page_alloc+0x2df
vm_fault() at vm_fault+0x578
trap_pfault() at trap_pfault+0x100
trap() at trap+0x1be
calltrap() at calltrap+0x5
--- trap 0xc, rip = 0x2007f599c, rsp = 0x7fffffffe488, rbp = 0x53 ---
Debugger("panic")
Stopped at      Debugger+0x4c:  xchgl   %ebx,0x31fdee
db>