Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 95 01:17:21 -0800
From:      Jesus Rodriguez <jesusr@abaforum.es>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   router/gateway problem

Hi every body. I have little time using Freebsd 2.0.5 and Unix based
systems (i've used IRIX from Silicon Graphics too). I've a web server and
an uucp e-mail server in a machine with freebsd. In this box, i have two
ethernet cards conected at two different networks (network A=192.0.1.0
and network B=192.0.2.0, these IP's are for local use and they don't go
out to Internet, don't worry).
Well, my problem is that i can't configure freebsd for comunicating both
networks. I want a bridge, gateway, router???, (you can name it like you
want), for comunicating the networks.
I've tried to configure it, i have turned on the ipforwarding with:

        sysctl -nw net.inet.ip.forwarding=1

but i can't (and don't know) how to do it. I've readed man pages,free bsd
hand book, doc's and a book about networks (Unix Networking), i've tried
a lot of different configurations, add route commands, etc, but it's
impossible.

I think that maybe it's trivial for some people of this list, but not for
me.
please, ¿Can You Help Me?????. Where can i get information????.
Thank's in advance...

¿There is more people using Free BSD in Spain???. Contact me, please...