Date:      Fri, 19 May 2006 11:53:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug@safeport.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   6.1 on Thinkpad T42p

I just installed 6.1 on this laptop. The 6.0R notes point to the ipw driver
which works with my system out of the box. You have to install a port and
download the firmware from the indicated site. This all works seamlessly with
dual booting, I have the XP pro from IBM on another partition. If you are just
installing the 6.1 the release notes/hardware list do not yet mention new drives
added in 6.0R

My question is about ACPI.  Has anyone got this going, in theory sleep states
3,4,5 are supported. I can sleep fine, resuming requires a reboot. I am going
to walk the ACPI instructions but any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Doug

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com