Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 2012 15:26:36 -0500
From:      Sean Cavanaugh <millenia2000@hotmail.com>
To:        "'Mike Dockery'" <mdockery@hargray.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Processor question

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Mike Dockery
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 2:47 PM
To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Processor question

Greetings,

I have been a user of Linux since 1994, but most of the linux distros seem
to be getting away from freedom... which is why I chose it in the first
place.  They seem intent on forcing things that do not work well (like
pulseaudio and nouveau) on everyone.  Freedom of choice is always best.

My question is:  Should I try the amd64 version of FreeBSD with my Intel
Core i7-2600 processor or should I use the i386?

I hope to give FreeBSD a try later this month.

Thanks,

Mike Dockery