Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 07:32:42 -0800
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>, "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Subject:   RE: daemon()

On Nov 8,  5:06pm, Max Khon wrote:
} hi, there!
}
} On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Koster, K.J. wrote:
}
} > > 	No one with any brains uses bash 1 for anything
} > > anymore.
}
} > Then why is it there? To help up the port count? If it's not good, it should
} > be nuked, IMHO.
}
} people still use it because it is smaller
} obrien has already tried to remove it once (in Mar 1999)
}
} as for me -- I do not try to hunt bugs in bash1 and do not blame it.
} my question was about unclosed pipe

It appears to be a descriptor that your shell failed to close before
execing your test program.  Unless you do something out of the ordinary
like run
	program 27>somefile
the shell should only leave three descriptors (0, 1, and 2 for stdin, stdout,
and stderr) open when it execs another program.