Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 18:59:37 -0800
From:      Eyal Soha <esoha@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   kern/23409, atapi_queue_cmd error codes?

I submitted and started debugging kern/23409: CD-RW driver fails
unless CD in drive at boot up.

I seem to be getting error code 0x5 and 0x10 from acd_mode_sense()
when I'm booting up.  What do those error codes mean?  Do they
correspond to the error register bits listed in atapi-all.h?

#define ATAPI_E_ILI                     0x01    /* illegal length indication */
#define ATAPI_E_ABRT                    0x04    /* command aborted */
#define ATAPI_SK_RECOVERED_ERROR        0x10    /* command OK, data recovered */

I ask because in the failure case of kern/23409, I see error 0x10 many
times.  In the success case, error 0x5 appears twice and then goes
away before reaching a maximum retry count.  Much more detailed
information is available in the bug report.

I'm not on the mailing list so please include me on replies.  If I've
sent this to the wrong mailing list, please forward it appropriately.
Thanks for the help!

Eyal

--
Eyal Soha <esoha@cisco.com>                    Work: (408) 527-9276
Software Engineer                              Page: (800) 365-4578