Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 19:03:11 -0500
From:      "Patrick Bihan-Faou" <patrick@mindstep.com>
To:        "Josh Tiefenbach" <josh@zipperup.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PPPoE, nat, dsl, some web sites

> It would be nice if there was a way to use tcpmssd (or equiv
functionality)
> for those of us who prefer to use IPFilter/ipnat rather than ipfw/natd to
> implement firewalls.
>
> For the record, is there a way to get ipfw and ipfilter to interact
properly
> so I can use tcpmssd? Or divert sockets for that matter.
>
> The flip side is, does anyone know of any efforts to port divert
> sockets to the ipfilter framework?

Yep this is really where the work is: if you can get ipfilter to use divert
sockets this should not be too difficult.

On the other hand, the work done in tcpmssd is really not difficult (I came
up with the original code (in libalias) in a couple of hours) and can easily
be integrated in whatever ipfilter uses for nat.

Patrick.